Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Who Am I?

I'm angry.  I'm Canadian.  I write about Transformers.

Hello there (whoever you are)!

Needless to say,I may or may not ever know who you are, but I am appreciative that you have stumbled across my little blog site.

If you're like me in any way (and you must be since you have chosen to click on this site in hopes of reading up on Transformers), I'm constantly searching the big, bad web for new info/pics on what people are buying and what is coming out in the world of TF's.  Unfortunately, I'm at a point now where I have either found the only good sites that have decent posts, and/or have watched all the latest you-tube posts; all of this leaving me in the position of sitting and waiting and returning to the same sites everyday in hopes of new posts. (I understand that there are only so many new toys that come out during a certain period, and lets face it, this is a hobby, so not everyone can devote their entire lives to putting out new posts/videos; though Optibotimus, of You-Tube fame, does a very decent job of posting new material, albeit it's not all TF's).

So we come to the reason of this blog.  It's a cheap form of therapy for me. A way for me to vent on the state of some of the newer figures, to show off what interests me, and to hopefully add one more choice of reading material out there for other TF fans.

Anyway, back to me. I'm just a Canadian guy, married with one kid, living in the Toronto area. and, as you can guess it, I'm a Transformers collector.  I have returned to collecting as of 2011, mostly due to the persuading of my friend/fellow collector "M" (I'm going to keep his name private) but I have to admit, in the short span of two years, mostly thanks to a budget that I never had as a little kid back in 1984, I think I have done quite well starting from scratch again.

The first Transformer I ever owned was Soundwave, though since getting back into collecting I can't seem to find where I had put him away along with the few other G1's I had.  I still have my Optimus Prime (minus the box), but have lost misplaced Sunstreaker, some minibus and at the moment I can't quite remember what else.

I'm was also into comic collecting at one point and have amassed a number of comics; mainly Punisher, Wolverine, Batman and Spiderman.  Don't have any TF comics though I have gotten into them with them being online now.  I just don't really see the point of buying comics anymore.  Other than the odd few series or special editions, they really don't seem to increase in value that much and to be honest, I'm limited in my space so I would rather prefer to give that space to my TF figures instead.

I'm a big anime fan as well.  I have actually just finished watching the first 4 seasons of "Initial D" again.  What a great series!  If you have never watched it, I highly recommend it.  I believe season 5 is out right now.

So that's it for now I think.  I'm new to this so any advice/tips/criticism/praise is greatly appreciated.

- Angry Canadian Decepticon -

No comments:

Post a Comment