Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Where Oh Where Are You Hasbro MP Soundwave?

So here's the scoop. My friend "M" and myself already have the Takara MP Soundwave along with the individual cassettes for it which we were able to purchase from out dealer friend "E". (Thanks again E!)
No we want to grab ourselves the Hasbro version since it comes with all of the cassettes included along with some different packaging.

This is all fine. Sure, why not have two MP Soundwaves. For me, it's a no brainer. He was the first figure that my parents bought for me as a kid, mainly because they didn't want to buy me Megs since he was a gun. I know I'm not alone in thinking that Soundwave is badass in his own right.

I think Hasbro is not going to make this easy for us collectors though. Remember the last MP Optimus that came out?  Trip after trip to TRU (Toys R Us) and the same bullish*t from TRU. My closest location had actually give out rainchecks for some reason, so any figures coming in were already spoken for.  F'N idiots (TRU that is). Anyway, countless trips later with nothing to show, and long after the initial release of the figure, and with little hope of coming across one cheap, I had decided to pop into TRU on the way home from work and of course, the same crap was on the shelves.  I turn to leave in disgust again and saw out of the corner of my eye on the bottom shelf....MP Optimus. I scared a little kid when I jumped so fast to get to it. One $10 Hasbro gift card and a TF sale discount later, I had myself a MP Optimus for $56...that's right... $56.

So now, between the two TRU's that I hit up going back and forth to the gym and work, I'm up to 15 visits and no signs of it yet, though Cybertron says it has appeared in B.C.

The only thing that is even somewhat new that seems remotely interested is the 30 for 30 figure set of "Grimlock and Bruticus".  I would like to have it but not for the price of $149. Nice try Hasbro but I'll wait till it becomes a shelf warmer, which it already is, and grab it at sale price.

I'll keep you posted.

- Angry Canadian Decepticon - 

No comments:

Post a Comment